This fee allows the purchaser to use the hot and warm shop during one First Friday event. These fees allow us to provide scholarships for emerging artists to take glass classes. We thank you for your support.
Participants are expected to comply with our Glass Studio Etiquitte and Safety Regulations.
1. A Monterey GlassWorks gaffer will be in the space at all times and his word is law.
2. Participants will wear proper attire (natural fibers only, closed toed shoes). Eye protection, mouth pieces, blow hoses and any tools required are provided by the studio.
3. Traditional Chalkboard rotation (put your name on the board, wait until completing your turn before putting your name back up again).
4. Slots should run 20m. If you want to work longer/larger, group together with others.
5. Treat the shop tools as you would treat your own precious jewels.
6. MGW Gaffer reserves the right to stop any participant that appears under the influence or otherwise unsafely participating.
7. The primary purpose is to encourage all creators to make art, so be welcoming to all beginners and no bench hogs! Glass is a team sport after all.